Join San Luis Obispo, CA based professional landscape and nature photographer Nic Stover for a LIVE Zoom session to talk about Beyond the Color All About Black & White Photography.
In this session we will talk about the Technique, Vision, and Processing of black & white images This class will help you to evaluate what images you might want to select for black and white images, see some simple ways to correct minor distractions in post and give you greater confidence to express yourself in new ways.
We will explore some of the following essential concepts in the creation of black and white images.
1. Discover what goes into a B&W image vs a color image both in terms of capture but also with processing.
2. Examine the various camera settings that improve our opportunity to capture and process more compelling black and white images.
3. Explore the myths common associated with black and white image creation.
4. Examine what kind of scenes make for more compelling images as black and white than color.
5. How we can use depth, texture, luminosity, sharpness, and focus to dramatically improve the interaction with our images.
About Nic Stover
Nic Stover was raised in the high mountains of Western Colorado on a single magazine subscription to National Geographic and only 5 television channels, where the only shows his family regularly watched were Nature (PBS) and the Tour De France. It was here that his love for adventure, the outdoors, and photography took shape.
Stover is based in San Luis Obispo, California and focuses on landscape photography classes and workshops encouraging his class participants to Develop their skills, Explore their capabilities, and to Create meaningful work.
Nic Stover Photography exists to help photographers understand the unique perspectives that assist in the discovery of their capabilities, while enabling a deeper connection with themselves and others through creative expression. Through his classes, webinars, tutorials, and presentations Nic works with people of all ages, backgrounds, experiences, and desires focused around a dialog on how we can thrive in our own unique creative and artistic process.
His landscape photography work has taken him across the globe — from the backcountry of Greenland, to the windswept mountains of Patagonia, and the frigid extremes of Alaska. His portfolio of work encompasses desert, ocean, night, and mountain photography. Nic also enjoys showcasing the amazing the places that are unique to the Central Coast, from sea caves to sand dunes, and its dramatic coastal landscapes.
Additional information can be found at www.stoverphoto.com